Updating firmware on Fender® Super Champ™ X2 Amplifiers
Your Fender Super Champ X2 amp's firmware can be updated by the user with the Fender FUSE software and your amp connected. To do this, please follow the steps below.
1. Go to the Main Menu (top left hand side in the Fender FUSE user interface), and select Utilities and Update firmware.
2. Turn off the power on your Fender Super Champ X2 amp. While holding the Tap button, turn the power back on.
3. A dialog window will open in Fender FUSE. Here you will choose either the bundled firmware update file or you can browse for the firmware file you would like to update to. (Normally the most current version of firmware is bundled with the most current build of Fender FUSE).
4. Once you have determined the correct firmware file/location, select it, and Fender FUSE will automatically begin the firmware update process. Do not power off the amp while firmware updater is running. The complete process should take approximately 1-2 minutes.
5. Once the firmware update is complete, turn your Fender Super Champ X2 amp off and back on. At this point, the update process is complete.
The current version of firmware for the Fender SuperChamp X2 Firmware 1.2. This firmware update is recommended for all Fender Super Champ X2 owners.
Enhancements/Fixes include the following items:
• Fixed ”Simple Compressor” stomp FX adjustment, while using the Fender® FUSE™ Software.
• Improved the “Touch-Wah” Frequency sweep and “Fixed-Wah” stomp FX.
• The adjust-lag problem when changing the ”Step Filter” modulation FX rate from low to high has been fixed.
• Fixed problem with FX bypass status when FX positions are changed in the Fender FUSE Software.